HR Business Partner
28 September 2022
Industry: Telecommunication Services
Job category: HR Management
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
Cell C is currently recruiting for an experienced and qualified HR Manager to join our dynamic team.
To manage the HR Service Team within the area of accountability by providing an overall strategic and operational execution for the team, in support of Cell C’s Corporate, Strategic and Business Objectives through planning, executing and managing the operational activities.
Key Performance Areas
- Formulate the Functional Business Plan for the year to align with the HR and Company Strategy. Review, update and implement the company HR policy.
- Take accountability for the support provided by the COE’s into the business, including Compensation & Benefits, Learning and Development, Organisational Effectiveness, Recruitment, Employee Relations and Transformation.
- Accountable for the delivering on and implementing the Transformation plan to align with the BBBEE scorecard
- Together with OD, build business plans to assist the business with the design, implementation and management of Organizational Design restructure.
- Develop the change management implementation plan
Business Partnership/Organizational Change
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with Line Partners and employees
- Ensure visibility at MANCO meetings with the area of responsibility.
- Partner and support Leaders and Line Management in developing organisational design restructure changes as per OD guide lines
- Oversee and implement a detailed HR Change implementation plan.
- Manage the people process resulting in structural / organizational change.
- Manage the changes within departments in line with project timelines.
- Monitor department climate prior to, during and after change. Escalate, make recommendations and take action where necessary.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with the Executive Management Team, Line managers, COE’s and their direct reports
- Analyse the MMR report to identify and determine causes of employee problems and develop recommendations for improvement of Cell C’s HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure the HR Services team within area of accountability is fully compliant to render legislative assistance and guidance to the business.
- Develop and implement special projects as required to assist the business.
- Manage the workforce planning and implementation process (headcount management)
- Manage the performance review cycle.
- Manage the internal Employee Relations process.
- Support talent management initiatives across the organization
- Support and drive learning and development initiatives across the organization
- Manage the training (PDP, EAE) and conference re-imbursements that are payable by employees in partnership with the OE team.
- Manage the implementation of all existing Human Recourses.
- Evaluate employee engagement reports to gauge employee’s satisfaction within the business to drive the value add partnership to the business.
- Drive and support Health, Safety and Wellness initiatives in the business.
- Monitor HR trends in the Company and identify initiatives to mitigate risk areas
- Manage and conduct the recruitment for the business area of responsibility.
- Select suitable CV/ Candidate and submit shortlist to Line Management / Executives for interview
- Set up interview schedules together with Chiefs, Executives and Candidate / Recruitment Agency
- Maintain a thorough understanding of required skill profiles and the needs of the business area.
- Interview candidates together with Line Management
- Provide feed-back to all parties concerned as per the outcome of the interview – either face to face or telephonic.
- Manage all vetting documentation and ensure all relevant checks are completed
- Arrange for psychometric assessments; provide feedback through the Consulting Psychologist for the Executives.
- Manage the offer and onboarding process, ensure alignment with Legislation
- Maintain and implement all employee relations policies and procedures.
- Monitor the climate at Cell C with regards to relationships between management and staff. Identify potential barriers / trends / areas of conflict and report to management with recommendations on how to resolve these.
- Manage large scale retrenchment and restructuring (outsourcing) processes ensuring legislative compliance and efficient implementation.
- Conduct training when required.
- Ensure new legislation is shared with staff.
- Ensure that all staff is sensitized with regards to their rights and responsibilities.
- Provide tactical ER services to Cell C in respect of all aspects of ER by acting as a sounding board for all ER-related issues; proactively identifying problem / potential conflict areas and advising leadership; evaluating the impact of strategies and processes on relationships and advising managers on ways to improve these
- Interpret legislation, policies and procedures related to ER and advise the company accordingly
- Ensure representation on behalf of the company at the CCMA or any other Labour related body in respect of any dispute or Labour Related issues.
- Conduct ad hoc research on Employee Relations matters and advise management
- Act as company liaison with any external entity in relation to staff matters, e.g. employee representative body, external counsel, etc.
- Lead and motivate staff to effectively deliver objectives, ensuring development opportunities, appraisal and management systems are embedded and relevant HR procedures are adhered to
- Provide an advisory, support and mentorship function to enable staff to grow within their career
- Maintain a low staff turnover rate.
- Initiate the appropriate Labour Relation action required within the department
- Evaluate and guide the department’s Employee Performance Management programme
- Set Key Performance Indicators targets and goals as per the department’s strategy and business objectives.
- Recruit employees: assign and direct work, oversee their development, identify training needs and maintain staff competence
Perform any other related duties as requested by Management
- Uphold HR policies and procedures
- Apply and adhere to Cell C Health and Safety procedures and rules.
- Hons Degree in HR
- Honors in HR / Industrial Psychology preferable
- 8 years corporate experience within Human Resources Generalist function.
- 3 years in a HR management role
- Sound knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Tax, EE, LRA, BCEA)