Senior Financial Analyst
25 September 2022
Industry: Telecommunication Services
Job category: Financial Accounting
Remuneration: Market Related
EE position: No
A position has become available for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our dynamic team.
To support the elaboration of business plans, budgets and forecasts, business cases and financial reports, with the focus of the activities adjusted to the specific department they are assigned to, in the Financial Planning and Analysis department. Ensures financial rigour of analysis and reports. Represents the department in the company, if required, and coaches and supports the development of junior assigned to him/her.
Key Performance Areas
- Preparing financial analysis, including financial models, aimed at understanding the current and expected performance of the company. Such analyses are done in the context of planning and forecasting, business case preparation, reporting of actual performance, or drilling on key problem areas to understand root causes. The analyses are made ensuring rigour of accounting and corporate finance principles, and compliance to the KPI definitions of the company.
- Identifying and exploring possible solutions to issues impacting financial performance.
- Investigating and answering questions within his/her scope of responsibility
- ·Gathering and validating the integrity of information from different sources (systems and departments) required for financial analysis. Such information include operational KPIs and financial data such as:
o Responsible for developing a holistic, detailed view of Capex, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow performance and articulate this in the MMR, Investor, Shareholder and other ad-hoc reporting. Identify trends and provide appropriate commentary
o Responsibility for Capex, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow variance analysis against budget/forecast and prior periods. Use analysis to also drive working capital reporting
o Run Balance Sheet review meetings each month. This includes running the internal Finance Balance Sheet review meeting to verify the outputs and understand variances
- ·Preparing summarised presentations where needed
- ·Prepare business cases for significant projects that are key to the operational plan of the company and:
o Engage with relevant executives and agree scope and expected outputs of the project
o Present results to Executive Management
o Define and coordinate the development of financial models incorporating key activity drivers that substantiate financial results (income, investment, expenses, cash flow etc).
- Provide support to the Budgeting and Forecasting processes, ensuring alignment with the Business Plan as well as managing compliance with financial covenants that the company has with various financial institutions
- Review of daily operations, and ensuring correct accounting treatment of transactions
- Providing detailed analysis on complex transactions
- Ensuring accounting treatment is constantly applied
- Changes in accounting policies are documented together with valid rational
- Supporting the preparation of financial reports such as:
o Annual, Quarterly and Monthly financial statements,
o Management, shareholder and investors reports
o Profitability reports such as product, tariffs, channel, IT and NW platforms profitability
o This activity requires interfacing with relevant areas of the business, and is done according to predefined timelines by the Finance department.
- Reviewing the financial reports, identifying and correcting inconsistencies between different data sources, identifying trends, providing appropriate commentary, and ensuring an appropriate level of insight on the performance of the company.
- Ensure quality, accuracy and consistency of information received, focusing on Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and Capex information
- Ensure regular communication between Accounting, Financial Reporting, Revenue Assurance & Finance Systems Integration and Commercial (Consumer Insight & Performance Management team) ensuring that the Financial Reporting team are aware of any data integrity issues which may affect accurate reporting of Capex, Balance Sheet or Cash Flow information
- Ensure that final numbers reported are correctly reflected in the Cell C ERP system
- Corporate Finance: Produce Investor and ad-hoc reporting upon request. Obtain information to support preparation of financial statements
- Accounting: Posts key balance sheet numbers and will provide TB and variance analysis. Obtain information for financial reporting disclosures
- Financial Control: Provides Opex and Capex variance analysis
- Budget & Forecasting: Interact to understand basis of preparation of budget to assist variance analysis
- Degree in Finance, BCom, BCompt, or similar
- Honours degree or CA (SA) an advantage
- 2 years minimum experience in Financial reporting or financial management
- Telecommunications experience preferable